Friday, December 16, 2011

So it's the Holidays and of course everyone is rushing in to get their meds all filled to get out of their 'doughnut hole' and or use up the rest of their Medicare money.  Sadly the people who regularly come into the small pharmacy I used to work at who always ask me for their weekend pills or reassure me if I don't fill their prescription (which was not a prescription it was just a sheet of paper the doc wrote telling her to take ibuprofen WITH her prescription) she was going to call the governor on me....Mark Sanford to be correct (Sorry Mrs. he isn't the gov anymore and he probably is in Argentina having a couple of tall ones with his young lady love now a days) are the damn people I always remember.  But anyways since it's Friday...AKA the WEEKEND and all my sweet little old men who look like they would never do such a thing..come to the pharmacy and ask for their weekend pills...better yet their "root toners" ew. disgusting I know...but anyways I figured I'd share a wonderful and hilarious story to be exact about a sweet old man who I had grown fond of and who shocked the shit out of me one day acting like a 17 year old boy going through puberty.
Just at the ending of the year, one of my sweetest and favorite customers (we'll call him Mr. Tom...late 70's) came in and asked me if I had used hydroxycut wondering if it worked. I told him I had never tried it, and that I had no idea if it worked but that I was pretty sure just proper diet and exercise would work just as well. He then went on and explained to me that he needed to loose his gut.  Now a couple months before, his wife had passed so I was thinking maybe he had gained his gut from depression (you know how we all especially us women loveee to eat when we are depressed...bring on the dove chocolate).  So I just started talking to him asking you know if he was feeling sad and un-active and just seemed to be eating more than normal and that if he were, he may need to go see the doctor.  He began to tell me "Lord honey no, that's not the case at all." So then he dropped the bomb that I NEVER thought would come out of sweet old Mr. Tom's mouth...he began to inform me that now when he has sex he cant be on top because his gut gets in the way. I shocked at the world had no clue what to say.  I told him that maybe diet and exercise may be better since Hydroxycut causes your heart to race and since he's SO OLD he may not need it. (I didn't tell him the old part but i was thinking it). He said he would get it anyway and let me know how it went.

Up until this time I had helped this gentleman out on numerous occasions to the point where he calls me "his honey". He comes in and requests a refill on his cialis. (who could've thought) He then asks me if  my boyfriend had tried it (he is 24 BTW). I told him no, and he then explains that cialis is way better than "That Damn viagra crap". He explained that when he was married, he took viagra and have only one go around. But with cialis, he can go all night. As I listened in disbelief and horror and since he would CEASE TO QUIT talking to me about his 'Golden ager sex life', I ring him up he tells me he has a "nice little mexican girl" going over to his house right now.....he gives me a wink....and takes off.

The surprising thing is that this guy can hardly walk and he cant remember his address to the point that he looks at his licence every time I ask to verify it. I have to give him respect though....When my mamma always told me all men were the same...I sure as shit believe her now. Doesn't matter if they can walk or can HARDLY walk.  I still love my Mr. Tom though.

Happy WEEKEND EVERYONE!!! (I know Mr. Tom sure is ;D )

No comments:

Post a Comment